Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Vegetable Extravaganza!


This is why I love BLW. Chicken will try anything I put on her tray and usually she likes it. Last night she had: spaghetti squash, beets, cucumber, peas, carrots and corn. She also had chicken and hummus, but let's focus on the veggies here.
Vegetables seem to be an issue for many people. You're supposed to start with pureed vegetables, not fruits, when introducing purees so that your baby doesn't love fruit but hate vegetables. People are constantly telling their children to eat "just ONE more mouthful of peas". Jessica Seinfeld has made a career out of telling parents how to trick their children into eating spinach inside of brownies or whatever. Now, I'm not saying that I'm a pioneer here, or that Chicken might not still be one of those kids who hides her vegetables in her sock under the table rather than eating them. But, I sure hope we can eliminate some of those battles by her becoming comfortable with so many tastes and textures from the beginning.
Here she is showing off all of the many vegetables that she tasted at dinner. :)


P.S. Chicken's dad worked tonight so she and I had sweet potatoes, lentils, cucumber, cheese and rice cakes. Sounds gross but I didn't have a bunch of food around and didn't feel like making anything major for just the two of us.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think Chicken will be able to hide food in her sock... unless your doggies are not quite such culinary adventurers as she is!

    ReplyDelete