Thursday, December 9, 2010

Getting caught up!


I've neglected my blog (and my ONE follower - Thanks, Ali!) lately because Chicken's dad has been working A LOT! Chicken and I have been having lots of girl time, but that means I'm a tired mama! Anyway, I have three photos I want to share and some updating to do.
Chicken has become a pro at using her two bottom teeth. She scrapes food across them and shaves off bits to eat. She has also been swallowing much more food. She swallows very deliberately and my heart stops for a second now and then as her face registers what's going on. Since it's new to her to be swallowing bits of food, she seems to get a bit nervous herself and then somewhat satisfied when things go down smoothly. She's managing both large pieces of food, which she can retrieve from her bib and sometimes even under her tray now, and little bits of food, which she works up to her mouth with both hands.
She's also getting better and knowing how to handle mushy and slippery foods. If she holds them gently, she has an easier time getting them to her mouth. Mango, which can be slippery and often ends up stringy, can be difficult to handle, but she really enjoys it and is doing a great job eating it!

1 comment: