Monday, December 13, 2010

Muy Delicioso!


I love Mexican lasagna and my husband loves it too. What's not to love? It's basically a taco casserole dressed up like lasagna - layers of ground meat (turkey in our case) with beans and seasoning, salsa, cheese and tortillas. It's baked till it's bubbly and delicious. I've been craving mexican food so I made it yesterday and was eager for Chicken to try it. Of course, she decided to fight her nap and then nap during dinnertime. Luckily she woke up before it was too late and was in a great mood.
She got to try all of the components of the meal. Bits of meat, beans and pieces of tortilla tend to fall out whenever I cut pieces to serve so I just gave all of that to Chicken. She also had some yummy guacamole and some plain avocado. The pieces of turkey and beans are still kind of difficult for Chicken to get into her mouth because she hasn't developed her pincer grip yet. She's still working the bits into her mouth with both fists. She had some luck with this meal because the guacamole acted like a glue to keep the bits onboard as she worked her hands to her mouth. She seemed to really enjoying it.
We had leftovers tonight and Chicken wasn't as enthusiastic about the mexican cuisine. Perhaps it's because she was also eating spoonfuls of prunes (don't ask...) which she LOVES. Or, maybe she was just cranky. Either way, at least she got to try it!

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny - someone just gave me a recipe for mexican lasagna and I've been meaning to make it...now I really want to! I still wonder when I eat spicy foods whether Lydia gets a taste of it the next morning... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "They" say there's no reason to avoid spices when cooking for babies because they definitely get exposed to spicy things through breastmilk and even amniotic fluid when they're in the womb!

    ReplyDelete