Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl Sunday

I'm kicking myself because Chicken did some great eating today and I didn't get photos of any of it!

We went out to breakfast this morning and she was an eating machine! We got fruit to start and, as usual, we couldn't get it to her fast enough. She ate a ton of blueberries, some honeydew, some mango and a few bites of banana. Then she had some pancake, scrambled eggs and multi grain french toast. I think she would have kept eating anything we put in front of her, so I pulled out some cantaloupe slices that I had brought from home. We're noticing that she seems to want to keep eating as long as we're eating. I'd prefer that she eat more fruit than more carbs, like pancakes.

I made a quick soup for lunch. It was just chicken broth, a box of frozen soup vegetables (potatoes, spinach and asparagus), chopped carrots and cannellini beans. She tossed most of the carrots right away, which is so strange because she loves pureed carrots. She was slow to eat the other stuff at first, so I offered her some pear and a bit of Swiss cheese. She gobbled those up and then went to town on the stuff from the soup.

Since our team wasn't playing tonight, we didn't do anything big. I made nachos and pigs in blankets because the Superbowl is a good excuse for junk. We ate our junk before the big game so that Chicken could eat before bed. She did not have any pigs or blankets, but did have the taco turkey that I used for the nachos, plus some "chips" that I made. I just tore up whole wheat lavosh, sprayed it with olive oil and baked it. She had some humus with her "chips". I steam some baby zucchini for all of us. Chicken nibbled on them and seemed to enjoy them.

She ate a variety of foods today, including more carbs than usual but definitely lots of fruits and vegetables. The fruit this morning and the soup vegetables weren't organic, but we just do the best we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment