Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chicken is an odd duck...

Actually, I don't know that she's odd since I don't spend time eating meals with other 10 month-olds. She is quirky though! When we went out to dinner last week, she wolfed down about 8 slices of cucumber. Since then, she hasn't eat any! Today, I gave her some with lunch and she just tore all of the slices into little pieces. She'd use all of her strength to tear them and then laughwhen the seeds shot out. (It's a good thing I have a sense of humor about these things!) She was also eating about 4 or 5 slices of cantaloupe each morning and now won't eat any. I guess she'shad her fill!

The other funny thing she's been doing is eating foods off a spoon that she won't eat otherwise. If her dad or I put peas, green beans, etc on a spoon, she'll eat them. She's also been trying to place bits of food on her spoon and eat things that way. I need to do some research about how to help her eat with utensils. She seems happier eating from a spoon than with her hands these days.

I guess it's good that she does so well with a spoon. She's had a nasty cold for a few days and has had difficult nursing and less appetite than usual for solids. I've been giving her purees whenever I can as an attempt to get some good stuff in her.

Today's menu:
breakfast -2 strips of blueberry pancake (frozen from a weekend a breakfast weeks ago), yogurt, blueberries, pureed pears

lunch - bits of rotisserie chicken, green beans, some bits of leftover salmon, the rest of the pears

dinner- a few tastes of shredded pork, some mixed vegetables, organic tater tots, some spoonfuls of pureed carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment