Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Ok, so the wish is a day late, but this post is about our romantic dinner out. Chicken's dad took Chicken and me to a local Irish pub for dinner. We aren't big on Valentine's Day around here, so it was fitting that the whole place was already decorated for St. Patrick's Day. We went early - around 5:30 after Chicken had a good nap. As has been the case in the past, Chicken was a lovely dining companion!
I had a side salad and offered Chicken the cucumber slices that were on top. She devoured them so the waitress was kind enough to bring more. For her entree, Chicken had some of my fish 'n chips (just the flaky cod without the fried stuff), some steamed potatoes, a few bits of her dad's burger, some steamed broccoli and a container of yogurt. I really didn't have to bring the yogurt, because Chicken is usually fine with whatever her dad and I get, but I knew she'd eat the yogurt and be happy so it was a little insurance that she'd be content.
We've started offering Chicken water more regularly with meals at home and have been doing so while out as well. We just get some water into a straw, stop up the top end with a finger and slowly release the suction once Chicken has the bottom end in her mouth. She LOVES drinking water this way. I'll have to get a photo next time!
P.S. Chicken doesn't dine with her hat on...We were getting ready to leave when I thought to snap a photo.

1 comment:

  1. I'd dine with my hat on if I had that hat - so cute! And I love the rest of her V-day outfit too :)

    ReplyDelete