Tuesday, January 4, 2011

On Today's Menu...


I have a few minutes and I want to add another quick post for today. So much has been happening in our little BLW world lately and I'm afraid I'm going to forget things...

I visit a BLW forum online and posted there asking other moms to share a sample menu of what their children eat in one day. I'm curious to know what other moms (and dads) are doing, especially since I don't know anyone else who is introducing food to their children this way. I got a wide range of responses, particularly because the posters had children of varying ages. Also, some moms are hardcore when it comes to health, others are dealing with allergies, and some are doing a modified version of BLW. I figured if I was going to ask other people to share their menus, I should share as well.

Here's what I offered Chicken today. She tried it all, but definitely ate more of some things than of others.
  • Breakfast: plain whole milk organic yogurt with some apricot applesauce mixed in, cantaloupe, pear
  • Lunch: polenta (soft with a splash of milk), shredded chicken, cucumber, tiny bits of clementine.*
  • Dinner: vegetable curry (eggplant, sweet potato, red bell pepper, carrot), brown rice, yogurt (to cut the spiciness of the curry). I mixed the yogurt and rice so she could eat it with her hands and she loved itI also offered her larger, plain versions of the veggies from the curry. She tried everything and seemed less affected by the spice than I was.
  • Here she is eating lunch. :)
*Many people warn against introducing citrus fruits to babies because of the acidity. Citrus can cause diaper rash, tummy upset, etc. I've often Chicken little tastes of orange, pineapple and now clementine. She loves it all. I always offer it with other foods and never more than a few bits for now. This goes for tomatoes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment