Sunday, November 14, 2010

Who doesn't love a bagel?

Here Chicken is basically rolling her eyes at me, giving her daddy the, "Seriously? She's taking another picture!?" look. I loved how she was enjoying her Sunday morning breakfast though! What I really loved was sitting with Chicken and her dad as we all enjoyed our bagels this morning. I like having her participate in our meals, rather than her either watching her eat or being fed something completely separate from what we're eating.
BLW is not for everyone, but I think it is a perfect fit for us. Yesterday, we had family in for a quick visit and we all went out to lunch. Chicken munch on a few sweet potato fries and some chicken (gasp!) off of my plate. Then this morning, we walked to get bagels and enjoyed them as a family. You may think that bagels and fries aren't very healthy, but think of it as a few nibbles of fries (sweet potato!) and lots of sucking, gumming and mushing of a bagel, which I imagine feels delightful on new teeth and tender gums.
Chicken is certainly thriving. Her dad and I both noticed some new chub had accumulated over night. :) She gets to share in meals with us. And, to top it off, her dad and I are making healthier choices, knowing that we might have our little one mooching off our plates. It's true! We all had cantaloupe with our bagels this morning and I find myself eating much more fruit and vegetables because I've already taken the time to cut them up for Chicken. So, we have a happy, plump baby and we're getting to enjoy our (somewhat healthier) meals. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment